An Introduction to Insurance Provisions in Commercial Leases
This webinar will provide an introduction to those who want to understand how the insurance clauses in commercial leases work and how to amend them in practice in relation to a typical shop or office or new development.
It is important to tailor such clauses to each situation rather than assume that a 'boiler-plate' approach will work every time.
It is suitable for paralegals and newly qualified solicitors.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Who insures - landlord or tenant?
- What are the ‘insured risks’
- Problems with terrorism and fire risk
- What about ‘uninsured risks’?
- Loss of rent insurance - for how long
- Suspension of rent where insured/uninsured risks occur
- Break clauses on failure to re-instate by the landlord
- Operable both parties or just tenant
- Uninsured risks again
- Tricky issues - properties in the course of construction
- Latent defects liability
- Service charges complications
- Collateral warranties
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 4th July 2022 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation