An Introduction to Children Law - Live at Your Desk
This virtual classroom seminar will provide an introduction to children law, in both private and public children law cases.
Using worked examples, this live session is intended for those new to this area including those who work in a local authority environment. The session is delivered by an experienced children law practitioner, who has worked in both the private and public law sector.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Nuts and bolts of the Children Act 1989
- Concept of parental responsibility and application
- Private Children Law Orders
- Principles under the Children Act 1989
- Child Arrangement Orders
- Child Arrangements programme and documentation
- Cases involving domestic abuse
- Dealing with allegations as to abuse and enforcing orders
- Pre-proceedings steps
- Emergency protection
- Care and supervision orders
- Secure accommodation
- Running care cases and the public law outline
- Placement and adoption orders
- Case study
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.