An Introduction to Administration of Executries for Farming Estates in Scotland
This new virtual classroom seminar will focus on the key legal issues to be considered as part of the administration of an estate which includes farming assets.
The ownership structure of farming assets held by individuals and farming partnerships or limited companies, alongside interests in agricultural tenancies are often complex and require regularly some investigation and particular consideration on death.
The session, aimed at private client lawyers, will provide you with an overview and understanding of the particular queries and issues which arise from winding up a farming estate, the particular assets involved, valuation of assets and how to draft the relevant inventory of the estate for confirmation purposes.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Investigation into ownership structure of farming assets - consideration of relevant documentation
- Description and noting of assets to be considered particular to the farming industry
- Interests in agricultural tenancies on death - executors’ powers and discretion
- Valuation of farming assets
- Interaction with partnership agreements
- Drafting the inventory for confirmation purposes
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.