Allotting Shares under the Companies Act - The 5 Step Procedure
Using case studies and real life examples, this session will explore the 5 step procedure for allotting shares under the Companies Act and typical clauses in the Articles and any Shareholders’ Agreement.
What You Will Learn
This interactive session will cover the following:
- Typical clauses in the Articles and any Shareholders’ Agreement
- The 5-step procedure for allotting shares under the Companies Act 2006
- What to do if you have a pre-2006 Act company
- Share classes: what is a share class and how to create one
- Filings following an issue
- Directors’ considerations and minutes
- Sample minutes, sample Directors’ and Shareholders’ resolutions
- Recent case law
- What to do if the procedure was incorrect
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.