Agreements for Lease with Development Obligations - Live with Peta Dollar
This live broadcast session will explore the main issues which arise in drafting and negotiating an agreement for lease with development obligations, focussing on the development issues.
Although the main focus will be on a multi-let retail or retail warehouse development, the course will also be relevant for other types of development.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Traditional procurement/design and build contracts
- Professional appointments
- Collateral warranties and the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
- CDM Regulations
- Practical Completion
- LADs (Liquidated and Ascertained Damages)
- Tax issues (SDLT, VAT and Construction Industry Scheme)
- Tenant's fitting out works
- Measurement and rent
- Practical drafting examples
- Recent relevant cases, including Mears v Costplan
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.