Administration of Estates - Best Practice & Procedure
Over time, the administration of estates has seemingly become a minefield with a myriad of tasks which practitioners are required to undertake in the process of winding up an estate.
As such, it is critical that probate practitioners are attuned to risks that may arise in the course of administering estates which, in turn, may expose them to claims of negligence from personal representatives and beneficiaries alike.
This new virtual classroom seminar will provide practitioners with a step-by-step framework through the process of administering an estate from the receipt of instructions from personal representatives until the estate is wound up.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The first steps in the administration process
- Dealing with intestacies
- Preparation of applications for the grant of representation (including tax accounts)
- Post-grant formalities
- Finalising the estate including the preparation of accounts
- Distribution of the estate
- Matters to consider in the file closing process
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.