Administration of Estates - A Problem Solving Workshop
Most private client practitioners are aware of the basics for administering an estate - for example, how to apply for probate and how to collect in assets.
However, in complex administrations there are far more considerations to take into account.
This new full day course is designed not to simply ‘run through’ the rules, but will provide case studies and walk-through calculations to assist you in administering those estates where things are not as straightforward!
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The application of the nil rate band and residence nil rate band
- Business property relief and agricultural property relief
- Gifts out of income and allowable gifts
- Calculating quick succession relief
- Exemptions for armed forces - section 154
- Potentially exempt transfers and chargeable lifetime transfers
- Applying the backwards shadow and taper relief
- Applying the rules - grossing up an lifetime transfers
- Gifts with reservation of benefit
- Pre-owned asset tax - the calculation
- Calculating income tax and capital gains tax
- When to fill in a return
- Trust registration service and administration of estates
- Paying tax and clearance
10:00am - 4:30pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme