AML Compliance for Estate Agents & Property Professionals - Live at Your Desk
This live broadcast session will deal with a robust analysis of the AML rules from the perspective of estate agents and other property professionals.
It will look at what the Treasury and Home Office risk assessments provide, what the various regulators have found and the details they expect to see from firms in the continuing battle against fraud, cybercrime, money launderers and terrorist financiers.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Wider issues - trusteeship, terrorism, cybercrime, business and tax fraud
- Treasury and Home Office Risk Assessments Dec 2020
- Who is and is not caught
- MLTFR 2017 (as amended) - MLCOs and overlaps with the ‘officer responsible’
- ‘Independent’ audit of processes
- CDD on whom? - the additional duties on estate agents
- Suggestions for firm-wide risk assessments
- When is enhanced due diligence relevant?
- Common issues for estate agents
- When should you be suspicious?
- Can you not rely on others to spot the crooks?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.