AGAs - An Introduction for Landlord & Tenant Advisers
Authorised guarantee agreements (AGAs) can make a really big difference to both landlords and tenants. A tenant backed up by a strong guarantee can totally change the investment value of a property enabling otherwise weak tenants to take over leases.
Over the years, we have seen various court decisions relating to AGAs but what needs to be done to reflect these in practice?
This webinar will bring you up to date on the current law.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The background to AGAs
- When can a landlord insist upon an AGA?
- What can a guarantor be required to do under an AGA?
- What was the impact of the Good Harvest and House of Fraser judgments?
- What terms should an AGA include?
- What happens to AGAs on disclaimer and the impact of Shaw v Dolem
This webinar was recorded on 16th October 2023
at your organisation