A Lawyer’s Guide to Share Valuation Provisions - Live at Your Desk
Share valuation provisions, whether in Company Articles or elsewhere, are often vague and imprecise, causing avoidable difficulties and unintended consequences for share valuers and shareholders alike.
By highlighting many examples of the damage and financial loss caused to the latter by inappropriately drafted provisions this virtual classroom session emphasises the importance of ensuring that they are relevant and fit for purpose.
This practical session will be of benefit to legal advisors involved in commercial and family law, litigation, tax and ADR.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Transfer provisions and the law of unintended consequences
- What fair/equitable value means for shareholders
- Fair value versus market value
- Tax versus commercial valuation
- Articles’ silence not always golden
- What to include and what to exclude in Articles and Shareholders' Agreements
- Bases of valuation for shareholder dispute purposes
- Quasi-partnership and valuation
- Valuations for matrimonial purposes
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.