A Beginner's Guide to Drafting Great Board Minutes for Private Limited Companies
If you are a personal assistant, secretary, paralegal, apprentice, junior solicitor or company secretary working in a team that is required to prepare board documentation, then this virtual classroom session is for you.
It will ensure that you understand the key legal elements of the document - which in turn will ensure you comply with the legal requirements and will make your minutes more useful commercially.
What You Will Learn
This interactive online session will cover the following:
- What are board minutes and why must a company have them?
- Who is responsible for drafting the board minutes?
- Key skills for a good minute taker and tips for during the meeting
- What you must do before drafting board minutes/key points to check
- Directors' written resolutions?
- Standard board minute items and legal reasoning behind these items:
- Present/In attendance/apologies
- Declarations of interest/rules surrounding s.177 Companies Act 2006 (and consequential implications)
- Board resolutions? Voting thresholds
- Execution and circulation
- Documenting dissent?
- How to deal with maintaining legal privilege?
- Practical points for more effective minutes?
- Retention of the minutes (and what should you do with the notes that formed the minutes)
- Q and A
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.