Serious Injury Claims - Breaking the Chain of Causation & Medical Treatment
This new virtual classroom seminar, aimed primarily at Claimant lawyers, will consider the following thorny issues:
- Where a Claimant is injured by the Defendant’s negligence, but then receives negligent medical treatment making the injuries and disability far worse, who is liable?
- Is it the original Defendant, the treatment provider or both?
This session will review the law and consider the caselaw in this complex but interesting area.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive course will cover the following:
- Dealing with serious injury and clinical negligence cases
- How to deal with complex serious injury claims where subsequent medical treatment is alleged to have fallen below the expected standard
- How to run the claims where the original Defendant alleges a break in the chain of causation
- Review of caselaw in this complex area
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.