Essential AML Onboarding & Other Checks - Live at Your Desk
The burdens on law firms of all kinds keep increasing as we all try to come to terms with the wars in Europe and the Middle East and the increasing attacks on our household finances. Not least of them is the plethora of checks we need to make on our clients before we can open our gates and let them in to our inner sanctum.
That said, the electronic search tools that are available are getting better and better and may offer some hope for simplifying our tasks.
This new virtual classroom seminar will explore the rules and regulations with which we have to comply and will discuss the tools available.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Analysis of the key requirements of the ML Regulations 2017, as amended
- New guidance on Client and Matter risk assessments
- CDD measures
- Availability and use of electronic searches
- Simplified & enhanced due diligence - what exactly is required if we act for a PEP?
- High-risk jurisdictions - why are Russia, Belarus and China not mentioned?
- Don’t forget - ongoing monitoring
- Other risks - sanctions checks, counter proliferation financing checks
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.