Why Diversity Matters - Insights from Dr Funke Abimbola MBE
Dr Abimbola is a multi-award-winning lawyer, business leader and diversity champion.
During this webinar she will share her personal leadership journey, highlighting key aspects of diversity and why diversity matters.
Exploring core themes including race, ethnicity, gender and social mobility, Dr Abimbola will use an impactful, data driven approach to build the business case for diversity within organisations, clearly explaining why it is important to move from diversity to inclusion, belonging and equity.
Aimed at employees of all levels working in professional service firms and corporates in the UK and across Europe, this webinar will provide viewers with an understanding of the roadmap from diversity to equity.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Dr Abimbola’s personal story and the barriers she faced entering and progressing her career within the legal profession including discrimination and gender-based barriers
- The concept of intersectionality and multiple layers of discrimination
- The compelling business case for diversity
- The pressing moral case for diversity
- Why inclusion, belonging and equity also matter in addition to diversity and what those terms mean
- Practical case studies across a wide range of diversity strands to show what works to improve diversity
- A call to action for all participants
This webinar was recorded on 27th April 2021
at your organisation