Wayleaves, Easements & Other Statutory Utility Powers - The Key Issues Explored
Utility companies - electricity, gas, telecoms, water and drainage - have at their disposal a wide range of statutory powers to take rights in land, as well as outright powers of compulsory purchase.
Clients may therefore encounter the work of the utilities sector in many ways - new rights of access may be demanded; equally existing installations may be a problem for the future use and redevelopment of land.
This live broadcast session will review these issues for lawyers, surveyors, planners and developers, aiming to provide practical guidance which can be deployed with confidence in dealing with the utilities sector.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The main sources of statutory power for the utility sectors
- Procedural and valuation aspects
- Compensation on initial taking of rights
- Compensation on subsequent exercise of entry rights
- Removal and resisting of statutory installations
- Dispute resolution and procedures
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.