Using the PSG Style Leases in Scotland - Live at Your Desk
The various style leases are based on the English model commercial lease, with appropriate wording to take account of the differences in English and Scottish lease law. The style leases are designed to achieve a reasonable position for the parties, and there are options available for adapting the style to meet the needs of a particular transaction.
This live broadcast session is aimed at lawyers and surveyors who handle commercial lease work, and also those who are buying and selling commercial properties that have a lease in place.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- An understanding of the concepts and drafting style
- A walk through of the style leases, and how to use these
- Repairs, dilapidations, insurance and uninsured risks
- Rent review - market value and inflation linking routes
- Service charge - specific regime vs ad hoc regimes
- A reminder of common law rules that apply to the extent not contracted out of
- Meeting clients' requirements in drafting
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.