Top Tips to Tidy Up Your Employment Law Contracts
As we get closer to the New Year, it is a good time to reflect on what needs to be included in contracts of employment.
Do we need to tidy up any clauses that we are using?
Are there clauses that we are using that are not appropriate, or any new clauses that it would be useful to add in for new starters?
Do we have clauses that need more thought, for example do we have mobility clauses that are limited in their effectiveness?
What about varying a contract of employment - can we do that? If so, how?
This new virtual classroom seminar will explore the contract of employment and how we can use it effectively to manage the employment relationship.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Written statement of initial employment particulars
- What it must include
- Looking at some of the criteria, and thinking about the pitfalls
- When it must be sent
- Additional clauses
- Additional clauses it might be useful to include
- Confidentiality clauses
- Restrictive covenants
- Implied terms
- How they are formed
- Thinking about the impact on our contracts
- What do we need to think about?
- Varying a contract of employment
- How a contract can be varied, and what to avoid
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.