Third Parties (Rights Against Insurers) Act & Insolvency - The Key Issues
The Third Party (Rights Against Insurers) Act 2010 allows an injured third party to recover directly from the insurer of an insolvent party against which it has a claim.
This crucial piece of legislation simplifies the recovery process and allows third parties to make a recovery outside the insolvency process.
This virtual classroom seminar will consider the extent and limitations on a claimant's rights under the Act, as well as the rights and obligations imposed on insurers by the legislation.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- How the Act operates in the context of an insolvency
- The steps to be taken by an insured that wishes to bring a claim under the Act
- The obligation on insurers to provide information about relevant insurance policies
- The limitations on a claimant's right of recovery
- Insurers' rights of set-off and their available defences
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.