The NEC4 Form of Contract - An Advanced Guide
NEC4 is increasingly being used and is different from NEC3 in some significant areas.
By participating in this live session, you will deepen your knowledge about drafting changes you may see/propose and really think about what NEC4 ‘management’ is all about in practice.
- How can I answer client queries about how NEC4 has changed, or amendments I see to it?
- Given the range of contract tools on offer, what can each party contribute to maximise delivery success?
- How can I plan for participating in a risk management process as a project manager or supervisor?
This virtual classroom seminar is suitable for those with prior knowledge and experience of using NEC in projects.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The tricky legal parts of NEC4 and what the seasoned NEC practitioner should consider in drafting/negotiating
- Main options and financial risk: using the contract to ensure your client can meet its obligations
- Risk management in practice: making the early warning process work for the parties
- Delivery management in practice: the supervisor and the project manager
- Identify the areas where the NEC4 needs attention so you can tailor it to your project
- Debate the main options to understand which to choose or recommend
- Participate in an early warning meeting (via a group exercise)
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.