The Leasehold Reform (Ground Rent) Act 2022 - Where Are We Now?
This webinar considers the changes imposed by the Leasehold Reform (Ground Rent) Act 2022 and the impact it has had since.
The Act has had significant and wide sweeping implications for freehold and leasehold property.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Leases caught by the Act, the excluded long residential leases, and the status of pre-commencement leases
- Various types of excepted leases
- ‘Prohibited rent’
- Special provisions relating to shared ownership leases, including apportionment between landlord and tenant’s share
- Replacement and voluntary leases, including the permitted rent during the pre-commencement period and where there are increases in premises demised
- Enforcement powers, including the duties of trading standards authorities and district councils, boundaries, concurrent jurisdiction and double-penalties
- Financial penalties, limits, and multiple breaches
- Enforcement procedure, appeals and recovery including the contents of notices of intent, time limits, final penalty notices
- A review of the recent authorities
- Points of practice for the future
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 13th December 2023 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation