The Coroner’s Regime & Inquests - A Practical Approach - Live with Leslie Thomas QC
This expanded course will provide valuable insight about the Coroner's Court and how to conduct inquests using the new legislation effectively.
It will consider the impact of the Coroner's and Justice Act 2009 and the 2013 Coroners Rules and Regulations.
Those who participate in this course will feel confident in their case preparation and appearance at an inquest.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- Coroners - The new regime
- Who is the Chief Coroner?
- An overview of his powers
- Senior Coroners, area coroners and assistant coroners
- Delegation or transfer of duties or investigation
- Specialist coroners
- The Coroners and Justice Act 2009 - The new Act and what the changes are between the old Coroners Act 1988
- An overview of the new Coroners Rules 2013 and Coroners Regulations 2013
- How to make effective use of the PIR hearing
- Procedure at the full hearing - An advocate's checklist
- A suggested approach to the exploration of evidence
- Conclusions and determinations
- Prevention Future Death (PFD) reports - What are they?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.