The ABC of Share Classes - All You Need to Know
If you are a paralegal, apprentice, junior solicitor, accountant or company secretary working in a team that advises on share capital, then this virtual classroom session is for you.
This introductory session will look at what constitutes a share class including discussing types of classes and what class rights are (together with the implications of a variation to such class rights). It will also outline the two different ways to create different classes of shares ensuring you can apply the concepts raised in the session to your practice.
Please note this session will not cover tax or accounting issues (including waiver of distributions).
What You Will Learn
This interactive online session will cover the following:
- Definition of a class of shares (and examples of how to draft share particulars for Companies House)
- Examples of share classes
- The key decision of the High Court in Routledge v Skerritt
- Class rights (and common reasons for using ‘Alphabet Shares’)
- Two methods to create different classes of shares (including practical and procedural points and issues)
- Variation of class rights (including what a variation is and relevant procedural points)
- Q and A
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.