Scottish Common Law & Statutory Provisions - A Guide for Commercial Property Professionals
Common law provides a set of default rules that apply to all leases of commercial property in Scotland unless contracted out of.
Many practitioners are not familiar with the detailed rules of common law and can encounter problems and indeed claims if they have not adjusted draft documentation correctly and have not advised their client of the implications.
Similarly, many practitioners are not familiar with some of the statutory provisions that relate to commercial leases.
In this webinar Ken Gerber explores the common law rules and suggests how to draft leases so as to contract out of these appropriately and also outlines the main statutory provisions.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Landlord’s warranties at common law
- Landlord’s obligations at common law relating to repairs and other matters
- Tenant’s obligations at common law
- How to draft leases to contract out of the landlord’s common law obligations
- Tacit relocation
- Irritancy protection - statutory
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 28th June 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation