Regulatory Compliance Refresher for Barristers - Key Considerations & Update
Providing legal services in their capacity as regulated professionals requires barristers to have a solid understanding of the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and the regulatory and professional duties which must be upheld.
Ideal for barristers and anyone working with the profession as a Chambers employee or from within a BSB entity, this webinar will offer an invaluable refresher on what the BSB expects from those it regulates.
Consideration will also be given to the latest regulatory and ethical developments that practitioners must be aware of.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- A recap of recent regulatory developments and the different roles of the Bar Standards Board and the Bar Council
- Your relationship with the Bar Standards Board - standards, supervision, and enforcement work
- A review of the BSB Handbook
- Hot regulatory and ethical topics - equality and diversity values, how we treat others, social media, the clients we work with and compliance expectations
- Your relationship with Chambers and the development of BSB entities
- Legal risk management expectations
- Tips to demonstrate compliance in practice and manage your response to these hot topics
This webinar was recorded on 16th March 2023
at your organisation