Pre-trial CPIA Engagement - What Does it Mean for Criminal Lawyers?
The Attorney General's new guidelines on disclosure came into effect on 31 December 2020.
They represent a revision and expansion on the old document, updated to cover developments in the senior courts and a pro-active approach to case management.
This virtual classroom seminar will cover what this means for both prosecution and defence lawyers as well as police station representatives.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast session will cover the following:
- What is pretrial engagement?
- Why introduce it?
- Which cases are suitable?
- What is a prosecutor expected to do?
- The defence - do you have to participate? Can non co-operation be used against you?
- What is in it for me? The advantages and disadvantages of pre-charge engagement
- How do I get paid as a defence lawyer?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.