Personal Injury Trusts - Problem Areas & Practical Guidance
Personal injury trusts are a niche area full of traps for the unwary.
This live broadcast session will explain when and how you should advise your clients to consider the founding of a personal injury trust, how to draft them, the problem areas and practical advice and guidance.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- A reminder of personal injury trusts:
- What is a personal injury trust?
- When are they required?
- When can they be set up?
- What can a personal injury trust obtain for the compensated person?
- Types of personal injury trust
- Financial advice and investment of personal injury awards
- Personal injury trusts and the Court of Protection - applying for a PI trust for ‘P’
- Acting as professional trustee - Trustee Act duties, special investment related concerns and Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Purchasing property as trustee
- Death and inheritance tax
- Problem areas
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.