Personal Injury Compensation & Relationship Breakdown - A Practical Toolkit
Personal injury and a relationship breakdown can sadly often go hand in hand. They are both challenging and often devastating events that can have a profound impact on an individual’s life.
It is often too easy to focus on the issue in hand, securing the personal injury award, then what might happen to it in the event of a future relationship breakdown, particularly where a client’s relationship is not in trouble or perhaps they are not yet in a relationship.
This webinar will look at the law in this area as well as some practical tools to enable practitioners to provide more holistic advice to clients and better protect their interests.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The particular issues to be mindful of when dealing with personal injury cases in the context of relationships generally
- How capacity can be a factor, whether in relation to marriage or ability to manage finances in the context of relationships
- The competing interests that may arise on relationship breakdown where there has been a personal injury
- How the Family Court have approached personal injury compensation and divorce in reported cases
- Tactics to minimise the risk of personal injury damages from being exposed on divorce
- How to work across disciplines to best protect clients
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 9th November 2022 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation