Partnership & LLP Law - A Roundup with Ten Old Square Chambers
This new virtual classroom seminar will unpack the most recent cases and help you stay up to date with developments in the case law relating both to traditional partnership and LLPs.
The seminar will enable discussion of key issues in an interactive question and answer format.
It is suitable for those with all levels of prior experience.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Key case law developments in partnership and LLP law:
- Tribe v Elborne Mitchell LLP - Decision making in partnerships and LLPs, just how far will Braganza duties be applied in partnerships?
- Wilson v The Commissioners for HMRC - The latest on whether a member can also be an employee? How definite is the divide between employee and member/partner?
- Rennie v Rennie, Dymoke v Association for Dance Movement Psychotherapy UK Ltd - Will natural justice be required in the context of removing a partner or member? Should the individual up for termination have a right to be heard?
- PwC LLP v Carmichael - What do we learn about how the Courts will approach restrictive covenants for LLPs (and partnerships)?
- Joseph v Deloitte NSE LLP - The Court’s approach to construing and applying LLP and partnership agreements? How strictly will they be applied?
- Boyle v Burke - What does it mean to dissolve a traditional partnership? What causes a partnership to dissolve (and what doesn’t)?
- How those cases fit into the ‘bigger picture’
- Recent know how and best practice in partnership and LLP law as revealed by the cases considered and discussed
- An opportunity to enhance understanding and to discuss recent cases with leading practitioner insight
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.