Mortgages & the Land Registry - The Latest Developments in 1 Hour
Apart from those few clients for whom a cash purchase presents no problem, you will almost always be involved in mortgage work as part of your conveyancing practice.
There is a wealth of Land Registry requirements whether completing a mortgage or redeeming it. Digital mortgages and ‘virtual signatures’ are now with us.
The potential liability of conveyancers is increasing as are the technical rules surrounding mortgages, their registration and redemption. Your aim is to avoid rejection of your Land Registry application and fulfilling your duties to the lender and client thereby minimising exposure to liability.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Fraud and Forgery - the status of a mortgage registered after a fraudulent transfer and a mortgage fraudster suing their conveyancer
- Land Registry guidance on ‘digital mortgages’ and ‘GOV.UK Verify’ overview
- The Land Registry ‘Sign your mortgage deed’ on line service
- The AP1 application and standard Land Registry forms
- The Law Society Conveyancing Protocol - on mortgages
- Deeds of variation and postponement of a registered charge
- Discharges of registered charges. 'Early completion' of applications where no evidence of discharge is lodged
- Your duty to the lender, undertakings to discharge
This webinar was recorded on 10th March 2020