Maths for Smart Lawyers - Live at Your Desk
This virtual classroom seminar will provide some key maths concepts which are useful for lawyers.
This session will cover the basics of probability theory, some statistical theory and also percentages. It is designed to help you become more comfortable working with numbers.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Probability and litigation forecasting - how to confidently combine different estimates of success at trial into an overall forecast
- Expected value -the concept of expectation in probability theory and how you should use this in litigation forecasting
- Bayesian reasoning - taking probability a little further, looking at maths which underlies the ‘prosecutor’s fallacy’ and how to ensure that you don’t fall into this common probabilistic trap
- Statistics - what it means for something to be statistically significant, why this is important and what pitfalls to be aware of
- Percentages -manipulating percentages confidently including looking at interest rates, compound annual growth rate and discount/hurdle rates
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.