Loss of Earnings Claims for PI Lawyers - Tips, Tricks & Tactics Live at Your Desk
This virtual classroom seminar is aimed at experienced practitioners who want ideas and tactics for the best way to approach loss of earnings claims from a Claimant and Defendant perspective. It is also useful for practitioners moving into higher value multi-track work.
There will be the opportunity to ask questions and some practical exercises.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- In-depth consideration of the new Ogden 8 tables including definitions of disability
- When is Blamire/Smith the better option?
- Use of the reduction factors and the variables
- Loss of earnings claims for the undocumented worker
- Loss of earnings claims where the Claimant is the key person in a small business
- Husband/wife partnerships where the ‘active’ partner is injured, and the ‘sleeping’ partner is not
- Income claims where the ‘actual’ income and the ‘declared’ income are at variance
- The use of medical experts to support/undermine loss of income claims
- Loss of pension - the tactical considerations
- Do’s and don’ts when collating schedules of loss
- When to deploy
- Accountancy evidence
- Forensic accountancy evidence
- Employment reports
- Rehabilitation reports
- Pension experts
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.