Limitation in Historic Abuse Claims - A Guide for PI Lawyers with Hugh Preston QC
This webinar addresses the issue of limitation in the context of victims of historic abuse wishing to bring personal injury claims sometimes many years or decades after the expiry of the limitation period.
The case-law has been developing in recent years and the difficulties faced by claimants have become increasingly stark. A clear understanding as to the law regarding date of statutory knowledge, and the principles upon which section 33 applications are determined, is essential in this field.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Detailed analysis of the core ingredients of statutory knowledge
- What in practical terms does the claimant need to ‘know’ for time to start to run?
- Up to date case-law on statutory knowledge
- Up to date case-law on section 33 applications
- What to look for in practical terms in a case when determining whether a section 33 application would have merit
- What does a claimant have to do to stop the clock running?
This webinar was recorded on 7th April 2021
at your organisation