Legal Aid Supervision Course - All You Need to Know
The LAA is now carrying out more contract compliance visits. Are you ready for such visits?
Do you understand the new rules that have come into force under the 2017 Crime Contract and 2018 Civil and Family Contracts?
Did you know that the LAA are carrying out Peer Review audits again in all Legal Aid Categories? Do you know how to avoid a Category 4 result?
The relaxation of the 14-hour rule. Does that mean that you can relax?
A key element of compliance is having qualified supervisors who have received the necessary training. The LAA's Supervisor Guidance suggests that Supervisors should attend a course that covers the following key skills: This course satisfies the LAA Contract requirements for new Supervisors.
- Manage activities to meet requirements
- Support the efficient use of resources
- Develop your own resources
- Create effective working relationships
- Develop productive working relationships
- Develop teams/individuals to enhance performance
- Lead the work of teams/individuals to achieve their objectives
- Respond to poor performance in your team
If you are a new or existing SQM or Lexcel supervisor, family, crime or social welfare supervisor then this is an essential course for you.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Understand the LAA's new contract requirements for supervision including the 2017 Crime Contract and 2018 Civil and Family Contracts
- How to conduct your file reviews more effectively in the context of Outcomes Focused Regulations and ensure compliant file management
- How to understand team dynamics and manage them
- Help your team comply with LAA Peer Review Requirements
- How to supervise more efficiently
- How to survive Legal Aid Agency and other audits
- The role of the Supervisor in improving efficiency
- Understanding competences
- How to manage performance
- Dealing with difficult people
- LAA Data Security Requirements post GDPR
9:30am - 5:15pm
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme