LPA Receivers - A Guide to the Powers & Duties for Property & Insolvency Professionals
This virtual classroom seminar will provide guidance on how to advise clients on the powers and duties of fixed charge (or LPA) receivers.
The seminar will also review the consequences in circumstances where the appointment has not been validly made.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Different types of receivers - comparing and contrasting fixed charge receivers, court appointed receivers, administrative receivers
- Insolvency - how receivers fit within insolvency - role of administrators, liquidators, trustees in bankruptcy, voluntary arrangements
- Who can appoint receivers?
- Who can be a receiver?
- Statutory powers of receivers - collecting rent, insurance
- Express powers of receivers - sale, leasing, completing developments
- How receivers are appointed
- Formalities of appointment - filing requirements
- How the powers are exercised - powers of attorney, agency of receivers
- Termination of receivership - filing requirements
- Review of recent cases
- Future developments - proposed legislation
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.