‘In It Together’ - An Introduction to Conspiracy & Joint Enterprise for Criminal Lawyers
With the Supreme Court accepting in 2016 that it took a wrong turn 30 years earlier in the case of Jogee, this is an opportunity for you to refresh your memory as to where we are now with joint enterprise.
As well as joint enterprise, this virtual classroom seminar will also cover conspiracy, inciting, encouraging, counselling and procuring - what are commonly known as ‘inchoate’ offences.
When dealing with inchoate offences, many questions arise. This live session is designed to answer all those questions along with the ones you never knew you had!
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast will cover the following:
- Joint enterprise & Jogee - where are we now?
- The law on conspiracy - how might I withdraw and what if a different offence to that originally agreed on is committed?
- Incitement - must I incite the actual offence that is committed?
- What’s required to encourage the commission of an offence?
- What about procuring or soliciting an offence - particularly murder?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.