How to Make Your Settlement Agreements Bullet-Proof - 7 Mistakes for Litigators to Avoid
This live broadcast session is aimed at litigators who draft Tomlin orders or settlement agreements and will help you to ensure that mistakes are avoided by reviewing recent cases where such agreements went wrong - leading to yet more litigation.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Who is a party - who is included in its scope as a third party?
- The importance of definitions in the right place after Blackpool Football Club
- What is the scope of the ‘shield’ after Khanty-Mansivsk Recoveries Ltd v Forsters LLP - is it an abuse of process?
- Are the obligations securely drafted for enforcement - ‘shall’ and ‘will’ after Grand China
- Dealing with or preserving misrepresentation following deliberate non-disclosure - Al-Hawasi v Nottingham Forest Football Club
- Do you need an indemnity clause as well? Workman v Forrester
- Boilerplates that can and should be omitted
- Have you reached an agreement or are you ‘subject to contract’ - Rosalina Investments Ltd v New Balance Athletic Shoes (UK) Ltd
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.