Fixed Charge Receivers - A Guide to the Powers & Duties for Property & Insolvency Professionals
With the end of lockdown restrictions, it is likely that lenders will be looking at their security over commercial properties as moratoriums on taking possession are lifted and Government support for businesses is reduced.
As a result, it is anticipated that the number of appointments will increase.
This new webinar will provide guidance on the powers and duties of fixed charge (or Law of Property Act) receivers.
It will review recent cases and consider the future development of the law relating to fixed charge receivers.
The webinar will be of particular interest to those who have some experience of receiverships as fixed charge receivers or those advising then and to those who are considering taking on receivership appointments.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Benefits of fixed charge receivership over other forms of security enforcement
- How receiverships differ from insolvency procedures
- Who can appoint receivers and the mechanics of appointment?
- Duties of a fixed charge receivers
- Remuneration - what needs to be agreed with the appointor
- Effect of invalid appointment
- What you should check before accepting an appointment
- Termination of receivership - formalities to be complied with
- Review of recent developments
- Possible future developments
This webinar was recorded on 17th November 2021
at your organisation