Finance for the Non Financial Manager - A Guide to Financial Confidence in 6 Hours
Many jobs and commercial roles now require the individual to be financially confident and competent, even when they may have no background or experience in accounting.
Spread over two 3 hour sessions, this live broadcast course is designed to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve this expectation and to enable you to be able to deal effectively with colleagues in finance and accounting.
The sessions will also increase and improve your overall commercial awareness and skills.
What You Will Learn
The live broadcast course will cover the following:
- How accounts are put together, from the initial reporting using double entry bookkeeping through to final published accounts
- How profit is reported, the different measures of profit, the difference between an asset and an expense, profit margins and the basics of costing a contract
- How to read a balance sheet and understand what it tells you about the strength of the business
- The importance of cash flow and how to prepare a cash flow statement
- Different types of project appraisal techniques including net present values and internal rates of return
- Financial risk management techniques from bad debts and credit risk through to financial currency risks with international trade
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.