Fatal Accidents & Lost Years Claims Quantum Assessments - The Law, Tactics & Common Pitfalls
This new virtual classroom seminar aims to provide an in depth look at this complex area of personal injury litigation.
The session aims to familiarise practitioners with the key aspects of the law to advance and defend claims effectively in this area and also covers a detailed update of the most recent developments in caselaw.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Lost years claims
- Claims under the Law Reform Misc Provisions Act 1934 on behalf of the estate of a person deceased due to negligence
- Claims under the Fatal Accidents Act 1976 for dependents of a person deceased due to negligence - services and financial dependency claims
- Apportionment between dependents
- Benefits arising from death
- Common areas of dispute
- Tactical considerations as to whether to bring a claim before or after the death of a claimant who is dying
- The most recent developments in the law surrounding fatal accident claims
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.