Equality, Diversity & Harassment in the Workplace - A Guide for Law Firms
This virtual classroom session is aimed at fee earners and support staff and provides information and guidance on essential elements of equality and diversity, together with the latest on how to tackle harassment in the workplace.
It includes a number of practical exercises and case studies designed to raise awareness and offer approaches to diversity issues in all aspects of your business.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Introduction to equality and diversity
- Perceptions and impact of behaviour
- Meeting equality requirements on recruitment and treatment of staff, provision of services and dealing with third parties
- SRA Handbook requirements - Principle 9 and Code of Conduct Chapter 2 requirements
- Brief overview of legislative obligations - the Equality Act 2010
- Reviewing your equality and diversity policy
- Tackling harassment in the workplace
- Action planning
- The new SRA Standards and Regulations and how the requirements are expressed in this toolkit
- The SRA warning notice on NDAs and the ‘me too’ implications
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.