Employee Goal Setting - A Guide to Best Practice for HR Professionals & Team Leaders
Effective goal setting is the corner stone of any successful personal development review, performance review or appraisal process, yet many managers overlook the importance of goal theory and the goal setting process.
This new live broadcast session will explore how people managers can use goal setting to define clear expectations and establish a benchmark for employee performance. The session will also provide you with the opportunity to practice different types of goal setting that you can implement directly into your working life.
- Why we set goals
- Goal Theory
- Goal Setting in the workplace for success
- Different types of goals
- Goal setting techniques including SMART and MAPS
- Goal setting piratical and practice
- Tips for putting it all together in the performance review process
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- The theory behind goal setting and how it links to employee performance
- Practical tips of which goals to use for which level employee
- How to best structure a performance review process with effective goal setting in mind
- How to approach the process with employees to reduce workload on managers during the performance review process
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.