Drafting Development Documentation - A Practical Guide Live at Your Desk
Development work involves complex documents containing tricky clauses. It is all too easy to get the drafting of these clauses wrong, especially if you are not used to the terminology used, or the implications of specialist areas of law such as planning and construction. Similarly, it can be difficult to know what amendments to make to these clauses when receiving a document from the other side.
This virtual classroom seminar will focus entirely on drafting - both the initial drafting of clauses and the drafting of amendments to clauses - using numerous examples of clauses that are frequently found in development documentation.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Option period including extensions to an initial period
- Pre-conditions to exercise of option
- Exercise on part of option land
- Form and service of option notice
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Drafting development clauses
- Development Agreements
- Defining practical completion
- Obligations in relation to the CDM Regulations 2015
- Termination Provisions
- Overage Agreements and provisions - the main issues to consider
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.