Drafting Conditional Contracts & Avoiding the Pitfalls - A Guide for Property Professionals
Conditional contracts are frequently used in the context of development, allowing the sale and purchase of land subject to pre-conditions, often relating to planning, being satisfied.
This is a highly complex area, with many pitfalls, as shown by some of the recent cases, and this virtual classroom seminar will help you to avoid the problem areas.
It will also focus on drafting tips - how to draft the contract in the best interests of your client (whether they are the seller or the buyer).
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Conditions precedent and conditions subsequent - which are better?
- Drafting conditions - issues with planning and landlord’s consent
- Best, reasonable and all reasonable endeavours - what do they require and which is best for your client?
- Satisfying/waiving conditions
- Longstop dates and termination
- Section 106 planning obligations and CIL - issues for each party
- Remedies - what to do when things go wrong
- Land Registry Issues - how best to protect your client
- Tax issues
- Lessons from the cases
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.