Disclosure & Best Evidence - A Guide for Family Lawyers
In litigation, evidence is everything.
The more cogent the evidence, the greater weight a court is likely to give to it. From as early as the first interview, a family lawyer needs a strategic eye on the evidential burden, striving always for the best possible evidence. This requires not only a continuing critical eye on your own client’s evidential position but - very importantly - on the evidence from all other relevant parties, including experts and intervenors.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- A brief reminder of the principles and statutory requirements for disclosure
- Maximising the evidential impact of your client’s Form E
- Effective use of questionnaires and avoiding common mistakes
- Challenging lack of disclosure from other parties
- Getting the best from your expert and the use of shadow experts
- Obtaining evidence from third parties
- Dealing with Intervenors
- Securing attendance from reluctant witnesses
- Dealing with ethical issues
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.