Directors’ Duties & ESG - The Latest Case Law & Developments
Directors are subject to statutory and non-statutory duties which they owe to their company. In recent years, companies have faced scrutiny from investors, consumers, and pressure groups as to their compliance with the Environmental Social and Governance (‘ESG’) criteria.
This new virtual classroom seminar will review the latest developments in relation to directors' duties, with a focus on recent case law and will provide an overview of how ESG factors are relevant in this context.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- A brief refresher on directors’ duties
- What is ESG?
- What is the extent of directors’ duties with regard to ESG issues?
- Recent case law on application of directors’ duties to LLPs and charity trustees
- A round up of other recent case law
- Legislation update
- How might the proposed European Directive on corporate sustainability due diligence affect UK companies?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.