Contaminated Land - Avoiding the Pitfalls for Property Professionals
All property professionals will be aware of the need to undertake appropriate due diligence when dealing with a standalone purchase of contaminated land or the purchase of the shares in a company which owns contaminated land (especially where land is to be subsequently redeveloped).
It is also important for practitioners to be aware of the need to deal appropriately with any associated permits, discharge consents or licences (whether current or historic) as part of the transaction.
This virtual classroom will take you through a fictional transaction, highlighting the steps to be considered and the pitfalls to avoid. Although this session will outline the relevant law, the emphasis will be on providing practical guidance.
This session is suitable for lawyers, agents and surveyors dealing with contaminated land.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Contaminated land and heads of terms
- The need to carry out appropriate due diligence
- Sources of information and geological considerations
- The applicable law and how to apply it
- Pitfalls in drafting (and common errors)
- Dealing with the assignment of permits
- Asbestos related issues
- The usefulness (or otherwise) of environmental reports and vendor due diligence
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.