Complex VAT for Charities - An Advanced Guide
This virtual classroom session is aimed at charities and their advisors (accountants and lawyers) who need to tackle the more complex aspects of VAT as set out below.
Each of the topics covered will feature case studies or exercises where possible. This session assumes a good understanding of the fundamentals of VAT.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
Grants and Donations
- Key points in determining the correct VAT liability
Recovering Input Tax
- Partial exemption and non business apportionment methods
Land and Property
- The zero rate for construction of charity buildings and calculating the value of the self supply caused by a change of use
- Disapplying a VAT Option to Tax to reduce VAT losses
The VAT Capital Goods Scheme
- Establish the ‘base line’
- Calculate adjustments
- Deal with disposals made within the adjustment period
The VAT Reverse Charge
- What is covered and the impact of the Wellcome Trust CJEU case
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.