Brand Management & Protection - Best Practice for IP Professionals
A strong brand underpins business growth.
The explosion of online sales during the pandemic, and with that the rise of trade mark infringement and counterfeit products at an alarming rate across online channels, have highlighted the need for businesses to consider their brand protection on a global basis.
This new webinar will examine how to develop and implement a global trade mark protection strategy that aligns with business priorities.
It will include discussion around identifying the primary markets in which to protect your brand, best practice working with local trade mark registries, and the effective management of your trade mark portfolio.
The webinar will be relevant to all who may be involved in brand management and protection, particularly IP solicitors, in-house IP managers and legal counsel.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What a brand is
- The IP rights available to protect a brand
- What a trade mark is and the protection a trade mark registration provides
- How to identify the territories in which trade mark protection is needed
- Local trade mark registration processes in the UK, EU and US
- The roles of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Organisation Africaine de la Propriété Intellectuelle (OAPI), African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO), and Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) as centralised filing systems
- The benefits of trade mark protection
- The significance of ‘first to use’ and ‘first to file’
- What clearance searches are and their importance
- Best practice trade mark portfolio management and monitoring
This webinar was recorded on 16th May 2022
at your organisation