Banking Law Update - The Latest News
This virtual classroom seminar will bring you up to speed on the most significant recent regulation and legal updates for your banking and finance practice.
This comprehensive and interactive session will explore the recent developments as well as their impact on both documentation and standard practice.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast will cover the following:
- The migration from LIBOR to SONIA and other market interest reference rates
- Growth of Independent Legal Advice for third party guarantors
- The Plain English drafting movement
- Misrepresentation update
- Parent Company Liability
- UK Benchmarks Regulation Amendments through the Financial Services Act 2021 and its interplay with the EU Benchmark Regulation (BMR)
- Post-Brexit implications of the Hague Convention and the Civil Jurisdiction and Judgments
- EBA seeking input from credit institutions on green loans and mortgages
- Joint Regulatory Oversight Committee ‘open banking’ report
- HM Treasury consults on ‘buy-now pay-later’ draft legislation
- UK proposals on Basel 3.1 (Basel IV)
- UK consultation opening for new insurer resolution regime (IIR)
- Two recent High Court decisions on the power of a sole director to bind the company
- Any other material developments
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.