Appointing & Removing Trustees - An Introductory Guide for Private Client Professionals
Trustees need to be changed for a variety of reasons. Being able to advise and guide trustees and beneficiaries through the myriad of options is not always straightforward.
- What options are open to trustees?
- What options are open to beneficiaries?
- Is mistrust of the trustees enough to justify removal?
- When do you use the court route?
- What are the cost consequences of going to court?
- What protection does a retiring trustee need?
- What happens when the appointment or retirement is invalid?
This new virtual classroom seminar will examine the problems and pitfalls of appointing and removing trustees and is recommended for private client practitioners who are new to trusts or who would benefit from a refresher.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Problems encountered by practitioners
- Options for appointment and removal
- Removing a trustee lacking mental capacity
- Who is your client?
- Protecting your client
- Transfer of assets on appointment/retirement
- Recent case law
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.